Speed up your home sale by preparing your home ahead of time using the following Dallas home inspection preparation tips. Your home inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
Ten Tips to Speed Up Your Home Inspection
1. Confirm that that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
2. Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
3. Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
4. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
5. Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
6. Remove stored items, debris, and wood from the foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
7. Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic, and crawlspace.
8. Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
9. Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 10 feet away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house and can hide pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
10. Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, windowpanes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Better yet, have your InterNACHI inspector ensure that your home is Move-In Certified ™. Your real estate agent will thank you!
Burgess Inspection Group provides Buyer Inspection, Pre-Listing (Seller) Inspection, New Home Inspection, 1 Year New Home Warranty, Termite (WDO) Inspection and Gas Line Check in Dallas, Frisco, Fort Worth and Plano Texas and the surrounding areas.
When you or someone you know needs the services of a quality home inspection company, we would truly appreciate you thinking of us. You can schedule right from our website or call our office now (972) 694-5570.
We share most of our blogs on our Facebook page too. Like and follow us to get more updates from us.